Voice calling and mobile use are two different situations that together demonstrate their effectiveness in the SEO industry. Despite not being in 2018, 62% of marketers do not have a clear voice search plan. It is a great necessity for marketers to start a plan against the most important trends of the industry starting today.
As mobile usage continues to grow, a significant portion of users who are satisfied with their mobile devices will continue to use voice search instead of typing. Each of the advanced voice search technologies offered by Google, Amazon, and Apple are committed to providing a better voice search experience for their users.
There are many factors that will enable marketers to be aware of this increasing tendency. The future of the industry is in the development of mobile and voice calls:
Voice personal assistants are added to all smartphones by default.
Google accounts for about 20% of calls made on Android devices.
Amazon presented a graphic for the Alexa application app store. The Google Home app is ranked second.
Amazon Echo is among the best selling items on Amazon.
The accuracy of voice recognition in the products of all major technology companies is approaching 95%.
Google’s mobile-preferred indexing approach will soon apply to all sites.
According to comScore data, in 2020, 50% of all calls made will consist of voice calls.
Even if mobile and voice search are perfectly complementary to each other, it is necessary to acknowledge that there is a correlation between the two. Voice calls or voice commands are the most important factor in all equipment. Devices that will support voice commands at home, on the road, at work, or in different locations will always be with you.
According to a recent research by BrightEdge, about 62% of marketers do not have any strategy for voice search over the next 12 months. The reason for this is not that we are not informed about the trend but because we do not know what to do with this trend.
It is clear that Google is trying to do this. Every day, Google Assistant tries to make the tool more powerful. It has been proved by the search quality evaluation guide that has recently been published. Although this guide is specific to Google Assistant, it is not difficult to guess that similar rules apply to many digital assistants.
Another point that this guide shows us is the innovations that voice call brings to the sector. In terms of mobile SEO work, voice search is in a much more important position. In addition to evaluating voice search in Google’s official guide, there are several good methods for mobile SEO.
What to do with mobile SEO is not limited to technical details. In particular, the interaction of users with voice commands or voice dialing is important. Because the voice call has increased its effectiveness, the right content for the users should be created. Taking all this into account, the most contextual steps need to be taken to improve your work.
SEO for Mobile
Even if there are many different aspects of SEO work, if you want to implement a mobile SEO strategy for voice search, the first thing to do is to get rid of the scan problems. To put it more simply, if a search engine does not have access to the content you have, and you do not understand them, then you are unlikely to appear in search results. This has always been important, but from a voice search perspective it has now reached a much more important level.
In general, voice search removes the classic search engine results page from the center and tries to answer a specific query. This approach means that the search engine is first engaged, but then the traditional answer to the user is to submit the most appropriate response if not given at first glance.
In spite of such negative connotations, it is possible to get the content you have in the foreground via voice search. You can do it successfully using the following methods:
- Schema formatting: By adding formatting to your site Scheme you get the opportunity to present the data in your hand in a clearer way. For example, you can make sure that search engines recognize specific events, prices, or people. This extra information can be extremely valuable when a search engine catches an answer that can be given to a voice search.
- XML site maps: It’s extremely important to have a clean site map configuration. In this way, you can help people and search engines easily navigate your site. However, you can make it easier for a user to submit relevant information.
Site structure: The structure of a site will be the same as the navigation of users on your site. If your site’s structure does not encourage users to make purchases, it’s inevitable that your e-commerce site will be successful. It must be able to answer specific questions that can be made by voice search.
- You should evaluate your mobile SEO: Before you take the steps above for voice search, you should make sure that your site is mobile-friendly by performing a mobile SEO evaluation for your site.
- In addition to all this, you need to keep an eye on your site in terms of basic mobile SEO criteria. Unlike classic SEO practices, these criteria will support your site to be fully compatible with mobile platforms.
Understand the Context
All languages have a context. The meaning of a questionnaire made depends on how, when, where and by whom. This is not new, but search engines are better able to understand the context of a now-built query.
The biggest factor that gives search engines this power is advanced algorithm updates such as Hummingbird that Google has introduced and their semantic search approaches. However, most of the contextual information is on smartphones. Our phones are constantly receiving and sending data. Each of these statements can help to establish a link between past, present and future behavior.
When a user searches for “canon cameras”, a search engine can understand the purpose of this query by navigating from the smartphone’s data. In order to understand this purpose, the search engine utilizes attributes such as the user’s location, device type and browser history.
You should not forget that this is just an example. A search engine can bring the results of any query made in a much different format than the user. In addition, search engines can handle queries much more deeply. The inquiries made for this need to be comprehensive.
Do I need an umbrella tomorrow? Is tomorrow sunny? What is the weather forecast for tomorrow? How will the weather be tomorrow? All these questions will be answered by presenting the weather of the region where the search engine user is located.
Each of the inquiries may be different, but the answer from each of the questions is the same. The only purpose of the user is to learn how tomorrow will be.
This is extremely useful because it is not possible to answer all of the many questions that may be asked. It is recommended to create frequently asked pages in order to increase the amount of traffic in each of the guides for voice search. For organic search traffic that is applied in SEO works, the approach of page creation should be abandoned.
This sector focuses specifically on what is said by the caller. Create a list of specific keywords according to search volume. With the help of these lists we create maps for our pages. If there are no pages created for specific keywords, we need to strengthen our work by creating them.
The most detailed form of analysis that can be done while creating these lists is to divide key words into chapters. Various sections can be made, such as informative keywords, navigational keywords or operational keywords. It is also possible to distinguish these in different categories at the same time.
This approach is very useful and simple at the same time. It is possible to navigate and manage everything comfortably with the help of a chart which can be created in general. It is quite easy for people to look up and evaluate cell cells on a table.
In the past analyzes and investigations, it is necessary to consider the systematic information that smart phones have emerged in a different way. Even though there is a situation like orientation, the big picture will be more accurate to understand. As we work on a mobile SEO strategy, we need to determine the context of what we have.
Using these contexts it is possible to extract a typical navigation map of the user. Among these, demographic data can be found. These data can tell what the differences between the generations are. Research shows that the younger generation is much more concerned with voice search.
By analyzing researches in the best possible way, it is possible to reach them at many different levels. You can access many different data such as location, gender, device, income level and age. You can use each of these to improve your voice calls. Marketers can succeed in this area by bringing the right content in front of people searching for the right contextual details.
Producing Correct Content in the Right Time
Once you’ve identified the potential contexts that will allow you to communicate with your target audience, you can start creating content that can help us sort through the voice search. Although this is a fairly new area, there are several details that can help you in this area.
Voice questions are usually long. This is why they have close ties with the structure of the natural speech language. This presents us with different data that can be analyzed and compared to short questions.
We can start this process much sooner, even if we can get the customer’s intention from figures like click-through rate, bounce rate or conversion rates. In doing so, we need to establish a good connection between the customer and the device in use. For example, in the case of a spoken inquiry that brings a spoken response, it is necessary to provide clear, short and precise content.
Google’s research blog suggests that you pay particular attention to the following areas when it comes to voice search:
- Information Satisfaction: The content of the answer should match the information that the user needs.
- Length: If the information provided is too long, the user can visually check it out and try to find the right information. This is not possible for voice answers. It is important to be able to provide sufficient information to the user, but in doing so, it is necessary to establish the correct link between the minority and the multitude.
- Clear and Definite Expression: Even an answer that is badly managed with clear and precise expression is much better than a problematic answer in terms of grammar. For this reason, you should pay attention to the grammar and try to get the user the right answer.
- Speech: Speaking needs to be pronounced correctly. With the improvements that can be made from talking to talk, you can contribute to people’s search performance.
This impression style information presented should be accompanied by the interaction provided by the site. We can have the opportunity to turn their search and navigation process into something more unique if we can understand what the customers are doing. While creating content for voice search for this, you need to add the following accounts:
- You should remember that the voice call is the starting point for the user to navigate. If the mobile experience your site offers is not meeting the needs of the users, they will try to finish the trips in more different places. You need to closely monitor how your mobile site is performing for this.
- You must make sure that the content you create can answer many chatty questions. You should provide information that can be easily captured by search engines and ensure that they match the voice search queries. Instead of simply creating a frequently asked questions page on your site, you should try to answer these questions in a natural way in the content you prepare.
- By using the content you have prepared in a logical way in the hierarchy of the site, you must ensure that search engines find and deliver it to the user.
- Google will soon begin to provide voice-related data via Search Console. That’s why you should be careful to have Search Console ownership for your site. You should, however, follow the performance of your site in terms of voice calls.
You should not be surprised that voice calls are heavily used on mobile devices. Because the most important thing people need in mobile devices is to steer. Interestingly, the increase in searches made in the “near by” style suggests that people should understand this approach.
Google uses its own mapping service to respond to such queries. For this reason, it is possible to improve the map listings and provide a better navigation experience for search engines and people. If you want to improve your voice search strategy for local SEO, there are a few details that you should always remember:
- In all locations, you must make sure that the name, address and phone number information is correct.
- You should work on a specialization that can help you with local listing and always check your local search performance. If you need it, you can get help from SEO tools.
- You should make it easier for customers to act according to their intentions. You should use mobile messages and directing menus in the open form.
- It is important for Google to understand its vision for the future of the search. Technology is evolving, but for now it is a bit far from the expectations of Google and Amazon. When this technology is sufficiently potent, perhaps no search queries are needed anymore.
For now, marketers have to help assistants. At its core, technology makes certain behaviors possible for intentions. At the same time as the industry grows in a complex way, people can approach the intention of searching in a more realistic way. Technologists will be able to achieve a voice search strategy that will enable marketers to better understand home people.